Custom Built Cycle Carriers Design White Sheet
Custom built carriers can be: dual carriers, large road bikes or carriers with special features or colors. These carriers start at $450 & have a 2-5 week lead time. For inquiries and for quote requests on custom built carriers, please send emails with information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include specific information including: make/model of the bike and hauling vehicle. Also, photographs of the vehicle’s rear showing the hitch are helpful. The very best info that can be provided is to place the motorcycle behind the hauling vehicle centered on the hitch and shoot a few photos of side view AND REAR VIEW, SHOWING THE HITCH TO BUMPER/FASCIA RELATIONSHIP.
General Note On Products:
Smoke Gray powder coated paint over primer or oil based enamel products. Powder coated receiver assemblies, stabilizer bars, loading ramps and main carrying tray are standard after 2011. A minimum of (2) red DOT reflective tape markers are added to the cycle and cargo carriers.
Numbering System for Custom Motorcycle Carrier
This particular version has many of the standard components:
Class 3, “E” style receiver tube, “C” style, detachable tray: 6″ wide by 78″ long, down shift of 3″ (lowered)the receiver for easier loading , adjustable tray from 17-23″ hitch pin to center of tray, (1) vertical stabilizer bars, Class 3 receiver built into the end of the carrier with integrated anti-wobble/tilt locking device at the receiver/hitch connection. 6″ wide x 60″ loading ramp included that stores on the carrier.
HAULING Vehicle Hitch Receiver Type: Class: 1,2, 3, 4, 5
- Class 1, 2 or 2.5 = 1-1/4″ tube, 200-350 lb. maximum load
- Class 3 = 2″ receiver tube, 600 lb. maximum load
- Class 4 = 2″ receiver, 900 lb. maximum load
- Class 5, 2.5″ = receiver, 1500 lb. maximum load (typical for heavy duty pickup trucks and diesel pusher coaches, etc.)
Carrier Tray Type:
- C = brake bent channel, detaches from receiver tube with 4 bolts for storage, shipping, or adding a cargo tray to the receiver tube. Limited to 560 lbs and adjustment front to back of 4″ and left to right of 4″ each direction.
- CD =Brake Bent channel, detaches from receiver with six bolts and detachable side supports (ideal; for shipping or compact storage)
- CE = brake bent channel that attached to a bolt pattern on the tray for adjustment fore and aft plus Left to Right thru a range for center of mass balancing and keeping the bike close to the vehicle.
Tray Channel Width at Rear Tire:
- 6″ = standard
- > 8¼” = road bikes with wide rear tires. Please specify rear tire width (measure 1″ from floor).
- 10-1/4″ tray width up to 10″(250mm) in the rear, 8″ in the front.
- 11.81″ tray width(300mm) Custom for choppers.
Up or Down Offset:
This is an optional vertical offset distance – the tray is shifted above (or below) the receiver tube for added ground clearance (or easier loading):
- 03 = 3″ offset
- 06 = 6″ offset
- Standard Is 3″ increments up to a total of 6″; up or down
Tray distance to Receiver Pin = 13″ or more:
This is the distance in inches from the pin in the receiver tube to the centerline of the cycle tray. 15″ is generally the minimum and 19″ is standard. (See “F” dimension on SUV worksheet)
S = (1) Inside Stabilizer Bar option
2S = (2) Stabilizer Bars option (inner & outer for heavy cycles ≥ 350 lbs.)
This is a horizontal bracket welded to the receiver tube to bolt on a vertical stabilizer bar to secure the cycle from pitching fore and aft when breaking or accelerating the vehicle.
RH = Class 2 (1-¼” square) Receiver built into the end of the receiver tube
RH3 = Class 3 (2″ square) Receiver built into the end of the receiver tube
Tongue weight is reduced by > 2/3 over vehicle rating.
RXXX = Loading Ramp @ Width x Length in inches
R660 = Standard Dirt Bike Loading Ramp @ 6″ Width x 60″ Long
(see “Price Sheet” under “Ordering” menu for pricing for all sizes)
R960 = Road Bike Loading Ramp @ 9.25″ Width x 60″ Long 72″ optional loading ramps avail.
Tail Lights & Bracketry Options
- Option #1: MTL – Magnetic Tail Lights When Available, (detachable incandescent or LED lights)